Position Type: Substitute Paraprofessionals
Location: Bergen County
Click here to apply!
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of students? School aides work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as paraprofessionals, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
Source4Teachers, recently named one of Forbes’ America’s Best Large Employers of 2017, has dozens substitute school aide opportunities each day in our partnering school districts throughout the U.S.
Responsibilities of a Substitute School Aide
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- Attend to students’ physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
Qualifications of a Substitute School Aide
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Valid NJ criminal history letter
- Negative tuberculosis test obtained within 6 months of initial employment
- Benefits – we offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
- Ongoing support and training opportunities
- Accept jobs 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
Source4Teachers was established in 2000 with the vision of enhancing the educational experience for students by staffing a variety of talented substitute personnel in school districts, including teachers, school aides, and other support staff. Each day, Source4Teachers fills more than 6,500 school vacancies for more than 250 clients serving one million students. For more information, visit Source4Teachers.com.
Source4Teachers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.