Paraprofessional Positions at Trenton Public Schools
Click here to apply!
Paraprofessionals provide instructional and administrative support to classroom teachers and students with special needs. They work with one student or a group of students to deliver individualized instruction and support throughout the entire school day.
- Provide instructional reinforcement under the direction of the classroom teacher for individual students and/or small groups of students
- Assist classroom teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class, following teachers’ established routines and procedures
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Understand and adhere to all Source4Teachers and school district policies and procedures
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs as directed
- Assist with administrative duties as directed such as recording grades, setting up equipment, preparing materials for instruction, etc.
- Attend to students’ physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs; help with translation and hygienic needs when necessary
- Promote a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and Source4Teachers
- A minimum of 48 credits or passing score on the Para Praxis Exam
- Valid New Jersey Criminal History Approval Letter
- Tuberculosis test reflecting negative results, obtained within 6 months of initial employment
Source4Teachers was established in 2000 with the vision of enhancing the educational experience for students by staffing a variety of talented substitute personnel in school districts, including teachers, school aides, and other support staff. Each day, Source4Teachers fills more than 6,500 school vacancies for more than 250 clients serving one million students.
Source4Teachers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.